13 years from now, where will you be? The year is 2030, most governments have set out goals and objectives they want to have met by then. They will want to review whether they met the set goals and set out new ones. The Kenyan government has not been left out either and we have our very own Vision 2030.
C4dLab is set out to build an innovation village at the Chiromo campus where innovators are provided with a creative space to develop their products or services. We already have a space allocated and we would like to invite students from the College of Architecture and Engineering, University of Nairobi for the STUDENT DESIGN COMPETITION, NAIROBI INNOVATION VILLAGE. The intent of the competition is to provide a practical design challenge for use in a creative architectural design.
What you need to know…
- Each team is allowed 1 – 4 members only.
- Each member must be a student of the University of Nairobi and have attained 18 years or older.
- The registration is ongoing on the Nairobi Innovation Village site.
- We do not charge any fees for registration.
- The competition seeks entries from both interior and architectural design.
What are the requirements?
- 2-D and 3-D renderings that show the character of the project (Minimum of 2, Maximum of 8)
- Site Plan with buildings and natural elements with scale elements
- Building and site sections that illustrate program elements
- Floor plans to exhibit spatial arrangement and program elements
- Elevations with specific reference to other material
- All submission material must be submitted as PDF or JPEG files
Soft copy of all works, drawings, and presentations original files must be attached.
One (1) description report of the project no longer than 200 words accompanied with images must be submitted.
The description must be submitted in PDF format and its name must be the registration number given to you by the Nairobi Innovation Village Rep.
Ø Registration opened on November 15th 2017 and closes on 23rd December 2015.
Ø 14th March 2018 is the submission deadline then 2 days later, 16th March 2018 you will get to pitch.
Ø 20th March 2018, the winners will be announced at a dinner (venue will be communicated later).
What are the award prizes?
Winner – KSH 50,000
1st Runners Up – KSH 20,000
2nd Runners Up – KSH 10,000
People’s choice award – KSH 10,000
Register with us and get designing. Remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to get updates.