Investor Relations Consultant - ATMA
Application Deadline: 24 April, 2020
C4DLab, in partnership with GIZ under the Transformative Urban Mobility Initiative (TUMI) ran a mobility accelerator in 2020 called “TUMI Startup Accelerator” targeting innovations in urban mobility in Kenya. In the second iteration, partnering with Shell Foundation the acceleration program will expand beyond Kenya and is now rebranded to Africa Transformative Mobility Accelerator (ATMA). The objective of the accelerator will be to support start-ups that offer practical, transformative, well researched and possibly tested solutions to urban mobility challenges in African Cities.
The consultant will join ATMA and work during the cycle of acceleration which will span seven months specifically to strengthen the investor relations with the program. The consultant will report to the Project Leader (PL) while working closely with the Shell foundation contact person the Project Manager.
- Development of a mapping of possible investors who would be interested in ATMA and the cohort of startups
- Engage the identified potential investors, introducing them to ATMA and the cohort of startups
- Continuous engagement (as necessary) of the potential investors throughout the program.
- Ensure at least 20 potential investors attend the mobility summit scheduled for October 2020, which will serve as the Demo Day for the 2020 cohort of start ups.
- Preparation of scheduled reports on investor engagements as may be required from time to time.
- Any other duties assigned by the Project Investigator or such other officer authorised by him/her.
Skills and Experience Required
The consultant is expected to have the following skills and experience
- A minimum of Bachelors degree from a recognized university.
- In addition, they should have extensive experience working with investors and a good understanding of their interests and approaches
- The people skills necessary to sustain the required engagement throughout the program.
- Strong networking and negotiation skills.
- Good verbal and written communication
The consultancy will be conducted between April to November 2020 and will be compensated on mutually agreeable terms broken down as follows:
- Delivery of stakeholder mapping (30%)
- Draft report on continuous engagement with investors (20%)
- Participation of at least 20 investors at the demo day (30%)
- Final assignment report (20%)
Application deadline is 24th April 2020.