The Nairobi Innovation Week (NIW) Secretariat is seeking a motivated Architectural Intern to work collaboratively in a team environment, performing design and technical production of documents in Revit through all phases of architecture. This role includes coordinating with the project team and clients. The majority of technical work is performed under minimal to moderate supervision and requires strong problem solving abilities.
Applicants must meet the following requirements: (1) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); Preferably in the area of Architecture, Interior Design and/or Design related programme.
Skills and Responsibilities
- Basic hand drawing and physical model building skills.
- Proficiency in Design, Problem Solving, Sustainable Design and emerging computer technologies.
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch Up graphic software preferred.
- Basic knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Apply advanced architectural concepts and standards while drawing and designing.
- Visit job sites to compile measurements and gather other project related research as necessary.
- Perform onsite observations of ongoing construction projects and report back to NIW Secretariat.
- May be responsible for designing certain aspects of the project under moderate supervision.
- Confer with the NIW Secretariat regularly to determine procedures and instructions to be followed according to design specs and to clarify project details.
- Follow architectural standards when completing architectural drawings.
- Develop 3-dimensional renderings of the project (exhibition area) with minimal supervision