The Nairobi Innovation Week secretariat has announced an exclusive package of benefits for startups participating in this year’s Nairobi Innovation Week Startups’ programme.
The Top 6 Most Promising Startups will receive the following package;
- Exclusively pitch to potential investors, partners and customers at the Nairobi Innovation Week PitchFest on 14th June,
- Become the face of Nairobi Innovation Week,
- FREE publicity and interviews from the media,
- Sponsorship to the main event,
- FREE exhibition booth,
- Receive training, coaching and mentorship and
- An entrepreneurship scholarship from a leading training institution in Kenya.
The Top 30 selected startups will receive training, coaching and mentorship then pitch to a panel of judges. In addition to this, they will also receive free publicity and a chance to meet with potential investors.
The Top 100 vetted startups will be trained, coached and mentored before pitching to a panel of judges. They will also receive free publicity.
The call for startups is live at startups.niw.co.ke. Startups can apply and update their profiles on the NIW.Startups online portal for consideration in 2019. Startups with existing profiles on the NIW.Startups portal will only need to update their profiles if they wish to participate in 2019. Startups in early stage and growth stage are eligible.
NIW 2019 will be held from 10th -14th June at the University of Nairobi Great Court. Participating startups are set to connect, learn from mentors, coaches and peers alongside being discovered by potential investors, partners and customers. Participating startups are expected to complete creating and updating their profiles and those of their team members for selection among the top 100 startups.